The Applique Society's Quilt Group

Our group is a member of The Applique Society. (AKA TAS)

We are "Haven't Missed A Stitch" quilt group that meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at Quilter's Junction, 404 S Tower, Ste 5, Centralia, WA. We meet from 10:30 am to "whenever" up to 5 pm.

Visitors are welcome and encouraged to attend. Visitors can come often - but expected to join The Applique Society within 3-4 visits.

Membership is around 20, with 6-7 regular attendance.

See what our members are up to - check out the member pages.

Google+ Followers

Friday, November 18, 2016

Nov 17, 2016

Sue took notes and we had 8 at the meet with Debbie MacInnes.   she brought her  Simplique templates and instructions.  

   We ironed out the details again for Dec. 8  -food is a wide range of tasty treats  and we would encourage you to bring whatever you would be inclined to do.   It is a brunch and luncheon combined with both versions of dishes coming.    We will only have a gift (to 15.00)  in a brown bag exchange that day.  


NO  raffle or odds and ends.   We are simplifying the day  so that we can enjoy it. We decided to have our drawing for  TAS membership in March at potluck.   Sue did take a few photos of the group at the last few meets and will send to them.


Note from Barb:



For those of you at TAS at the Chehalis library yesterday, this email will makes sense!  For the rest of you, a recipe for pancakes you say?  Yes, that is my subject line.  I make these pancakes that are on the healthy side and I l-o-v-e them.  I often add 5 mini Lily's chocolate chips (stevia sweetened) to each pancake as it cooks.  I don't add butter or syrup.  I just eat them like a roll up.  I got on the subject and talked about these....thus the request for the recipe.

Trim Healthy Pancakes
In a blender:
Add 1 cup Old Fashioned organic oats.  Blend until oats turn into powder.
Turn off blender (seriously that is what the recipe says so I included it too...so funny) and add 1 cup 100% liquid Egg Whites and 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese (I like 1%).
Add 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder, 2-3 tsp sweet blend* and a dash of vanilla.
Blend well.  Sometimes I left the batter sit a bit to thicken up.
Heat non stick griddle to medium temp. Spray with a bit of oil spray.  I use a butter/olive oil mix.
I use about 1/4 cup mix and it makes about 9 pancakes (3 per serving).  
*I purchase the Sweet Blend from the Trim Healthy Mama website.  It's a blend of stevia and erythritol.  On that website they have a neat sweetener conversion chart.  I don't like things really sweet so I go light on the sweet blend.  You could use sugar to taste.
Enjoy!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment